P.G. and Research Department Zoology in association with Indian Academy of Environmental Sciences (IAES), Haridwar
on December 31, 2016 & January 01, 2017
Dr. P.Senthilkumaar, Associate Professor & Head, Convener and Organizing Secretary welcomed the gathering; Dr. Ashok Kumar Saxena, immediate Past President, Indian Science Congress, the Chief Guest delivered the Inaugural address, Dr.Vijayalakshmi Saxena, Executive Member, Indian Science Congress released the abstract souvenir; the members of the Management and the Principal delivered the Special address.
Scientists, Academicians and Research Scholars, for their achievements, were awared with the Fellowship awards and Gold medals by Indian Academy of Environmental Sciences (IAES). Dr. J.Arunakaran, Director, Research, Meenakshi Group of Institutions delivered the Keynote address. The objectives of the conference include the following broader areas that were covered during various technical sessions:
- Status of biodiversity in different eco-regions of the country
- Climate change and its effects on ecosystems
- Factors responsible for climate change
- environmental toxicology
- Impact of emerging new technologies on environment
- Effect of developmental projects on changing land use patterns
- Effect of Industrialization and growing urbanization on human ecosystem
- Use of Geo-spatial tools in monitoring biodiversity and natural resources
These objectives were achieved through:
- Invited lectures by the eminent scientists and academicians;
- Presentations of research articles by the delegares;
- Oral presentations by the young researchers under the young scientists’ category (for the award of best oral presentation – one each in male and female category).
- Poster presentation for research scholars and M.Sc. students.
The conference proceedings were successful and the Valedictory function was held on 01.01.2017. Dr. B.N.Pandey, President, Zoological Society of India delivered the Valedictory address.